Re: Future of our regular expression code

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Future of our regular expression code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/18/2012 02:25 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> Do we have volunteers that might save Tom from taking on this task?
>> It's not something that requires too much knowledge and experience of
>> PostgreSQL, so is an easier task for a newcomer.
> Sure, it doesn't require knowledge of PG, but I dare say there aren't
> very many newcomers who are going to walk in knowing how to manage
> complex regex code..  I haven't seen too many who can update gram.y,
> much less make our regex code handle Unicode better.  I'm all for
> getting other people to help with the code, of course, but I wouldn't
> hold my breath and leave existing bugs open on the hopes that someone's
> gonna show up.

Indeed, the number of people in the community who can hit the ground
running with this is probably vanishingly small, sadly. (I haven't
touched any formal DFA/NFA code in a couple of decades.)

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Potential reference miscounts and segfaults in plpython.c
Сообщение: Re: Potential reference miscounts and segfaults in plpython.c