Re: Navigating Databases / Tables in SQL Editor

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Navigating Databases / Tables in SQL Editor
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 08/02/2012 17:18, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 11:58 -0500, Carlos Mennens wrote:
>> This may seem like a really novice question however when I select my
>> database in pgAdmin3, I then click the SQL window. How can I switch
>> database connections or show / describe tables in the SQL Editor?
>
> To change connection, there is a combobox in the toolbar that allows you
> to do so.
>
> The SQL Editor cannot show or describe tables. You have to use the
> browser for that.

You can enable an option to copy the SQL for an object into the query
tool, which can be handy if you need it a lot. It's under File ->
Options -> Query Tool tab, "Copy SQL from main window to query tool".

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie