Re: Navigating Databases / Tables in SQL Editor

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Navigating Databases / Tables in SQL Editor
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 11:58 -0500, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> This may seem like a really novice question however when I select my
> database in pgAdmin3, I then click the SQL window. How can I switch
> database connections or show / describe tables in the SQL Editor?

To change connection, there is a combobox in the toolbar that allows you
to do so.

The SQL Editor cannot show or describe tables. You have to use the
browser for that.

> Usually I would be in psql and just run:
>
> \c dbname
>
> \d (show tables)
>
> \d tname (describe table)
>
> Sadly my SQL Editor doesn't support psql commands so I was wondering
> what the correct way to do this in pgAdmin3 would be...

That's right. The SQL editor doesn't support any psql metacommands. The
correct way to see a description of the table is to use its browser.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info