vacuumlo fails pgsql ver 8.3

От Pat Heuvel
Тема vacuumlo fails pgsql ver 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gday all,

I have a large database with many large objects, linked to a single table.

I have been trying to backup the database so I can migrate to a later version, but the backup has been failing due to problems within pg_largeobject. I am not surprised at these errors, because the server is not protected by UPS and has had several power outages (I'm working on this with the database owner!) over the past few years.

Recently I tried to perform a vacuumlo, as I thought this might clear up the problems, and the process fails after a long time with the following log:

F:\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin>vacuumlo -U xxx -W xxx
Password:

Failed to remove lo 317198793: ERROR:  large object 317198793 does not exist

Failed to remove lo 4065905288: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
 ignored until end of transaction block

Failed to remove lo 0: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block

F:\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin>

When I added the -v option, there were many "removing lo xxxxx" messages before the above messages appeared. I have previously tried to reindex pg_largeobject, but that process failed as well.

Can someone offer please offer some advice on how to resolve this?

TIA.

Pat Heuvel
(in Australia)