Re: How do you change the size of the WAL files?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: How do you change the size of the WAL files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/09/12 5:21 PM, Ron Somaraju wrote:
> Once again, pros and cons should be left to users discretion because one may have latest and greatest hardware and
networkresources. For example a SSD on a fiber channel on a high speed network.

as I said before, when the checkpoint timeout goes off, a partially
written WAL log will be archived.   this file is still the full size,
its not 'short', its just empty.

too big of a file will mean a LOT Of waste data is being copied and
archived.

what is your checkpoint_timeout ?   how many WAL files per that timeout
interval are you generating now? (like, if the timeout is 5 minutes, and
you're generating 36 files per hour, that would be about 3 WAL files per
timeout interval...)

От: Stefan Keller
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] Binary Large Objects (LOB/BLOB) in Hibernate and JDBC: Unresolved issues
От: Sergey Konoplev
Сообщение: Re: Side effects of moving an index to a new tablespace