Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/02/12 6:21 PM, Hagen Finley wrote:
> Yes but I couldn't input your second line - the  ('ä,ß,ö') was not possible via the psql client - just got beeped
whenI tried to type or paste those characters.

the problem is, MS Windows and only MS Windows uses UTF16 instead of the
UTF8 that the entire rest of the world uses, so what looks right in
Notepad or other windows software, is in fact encoded wrong for any
non-MS UTF8 system.  your SSH utility is supposed to be taking care of
the differences, and it generally works with VanDyke's SecureCRT but
I've had issues with PuTTY.

От: Frank Lanitz
Сообщение: Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: Large Objects and and Vacuum