Re: system is swapping (not actively), why?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: system is swapping (not actively), why?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
MirrorX <mirrorx@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am facing the following situation; there is a server which is
> using 2-5GB of swap very often (almost all the time) and i cannot
> figure out why.

In the Ubuntu man docs, it says that the swpd column of vmstat is
not affected by the -S switch.  Is that the case in CentOS, too?
The man docs for free don't say anything about it, but since you're
showing matching values with vmstat, perhaps it holds there, too.
That would mean 2 MB, not 2 GB, in swap.

We routinely have a few MB of library code swapped out which is
rarely used.  I wouldn't worry as long as the si and so columns of
vmstat report zero under load.

-Kevin