Re: internal format of timstamp?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: internal format of timstamp?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 12/29/2011 12:42 PM, Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2011-12-29, Lars Gustafsson<gumse@mac.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to recover a lot of deleted rows from a database  ( pg
>> 8.2.3 ) , not my database, I promise…..
>>> When using the tool pgfsck I get good results, but timestamp is not implemented.
>> When trying to export as int8  i get   fx.  4735129360236469258   representing   december 29, 2011, 16:30
>>
>> But how should I do the conversion from the numeric value to the actual timestamp ?
> possibly that's a floating point timestamp try it as float8 instead of
> int8.

I am not an internals person, but suspect that your first step should be
to check pg_config to see if the server from which you are attempting to
recover data was compiled with --enable-integer-datetimes.

Cheers,
Steve

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Brent Dombrowski
Сообщение: Re: internal format of timstamp?
От: Tim Landscheidt
Сообщение: Getting a list of a table's attributes that are sortable sorted by uniqueness