Re: Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server : Could not get socket error status

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server : Could not get socket error status
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 24/12/2011 12:54, Shankar Palaniappan wrote:
> On Dec 23, 7:51 pm, adrian.kla...@gmail.com (Adrian Klaver) wrote:
>> On Friday, December 23, 2011 1:32:49 am Shankar Palaniappan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi John,
>>
>>> Thanks for your response.
>>
>>> I am able to connect to the database through psql command. Please find
>>> the commands that I have tried through PHP and no success for past 3
>>> days.
>>> Please let me know whether you can help me in this issue.
>>
>> Some questions:
>> 1) What is the connection string are you using for psql?
>
> psql -p 5495 -d support_tool -U gls -h localhost
>
>> 2) How are you connecting in each case(PHP,psql), remotely or locally?
> I am connecting the psql from local and PHP from remote system. I was
> also able to access the postgres from the same system using C program
>
>> 3) What is listen_addresses set to in postgresql.conf?
>
> I am running the postmaster with
>
> postmaster -i -D /path
>
> I am running with the following version and I dont have the privilege
> to update the existing versions.  listen_addresses option is not
> available in the existing version
>
> postmaster (PostgreSQL) 7.4.2
> PHP 5.2.6
>
> Today I found one issue.. where I was not able to run the postmaster
> with -h option ( that is not other than localhost)
>
> The error what I got is that it was not able to create the listening
> socket.
>
> LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Can't assign requested address
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5496? If not,
> wait a few seconds and retry.

I don't know if this will help, but you have port 5496 here, and port
5495 in your psql command above.

Also, PostgreSQL 7.* is VERY old, and as far as I know is no longer
being maintained - so if you're being bitten by a bug, it's probably not
going to get fixed. You should upgrade if you can, or move to a
different service provider if you can't.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie