Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server : Could not get socket error status

От Shankar Palaniappan
Тема Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server : Could not get socket error status
Дата
Re: Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server : Could not get socket error status
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 23, 7:51 pm, adrian.kla...@gmail.com (Adrian Klaver) wrote:
> On Friday, December 23, 2011 1:32:49 am Shankar Palaniappan wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
>
> > Thanks for your response.
>
> > I am able to connect to the database through psql command. Please find
> > the commands that I have tried through PHP and no success for past 3
> > days.
> > Please let me know whether you can help me in this issue.
>
> Some questions:
> 1) What is the connection string are you using for psql?

psql -p 5495 -d support_tool -U gls -h localhost

> 2) How are you connecting in each case(PHP,psql), remotely or locally?
I am connecting the psql from local and PHP from remote system. I was
also able to access the postgres from the same system using C program

> 3) What is listen_addresses set to in postgresql.conf?

I am running the postmaster with

postmaster -i -D /path

I am running with the following version and I dont have the privilege
to update the existing versions.  listen_addresses option is not
available in the existing version

postmaster (PostgreSQL) 7.4.2
PHP 5.2.6

Today I found one issue.. where I was not able to run the postmaster
with -h option ( that is not other than localhost)

The error what I got is that it was not able to create the listening
socket.

LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Can't assign requested address
HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5496? If not,
wait a few seconds and retry.
FATAL:  could not create listen socket for "IP address"

Please help me to resolve the issue. I dont have root privilege to
access the system

Thanks,
Shankar