Re: Giving postgres roles 'sudo'-like access

От Mario Splivalo
Тема Re: Giving postgres roles 'sudo'-like access
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/19/2011 07:46 PM, Craig James wrote:
> Backend Postgres processes run as the Postgres user, so they have
> permission to kill each other.  You write an add-on function that just
> kills a process:
>
>   select my_kill_backend(pid);
>
> Naturally, this is very dangerous. There are all sorts of security
> implications.  You want to use signal 2 or 15, not 9.  And so forth.

That 'my_kill_backend' actually calls kill, not pg_cancel/terminate_backend?

I'm thinking into creating this function, and granting particular role
access to it, and then make sure, in the function, that it can kill only
processes 'owned' by that role.

    Mario