Re: R: BUG #6342: libpq blocks forever in "poll" function

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: R: BUG #6342: libpq blocks forever in "poll" function
Дата
R: R: BUG #6342: libpq blocks forever in "poll" function  ("Andrea Grassi" <andreagrassi@sogeasoft.com>)
R: R: BUG #6342: libpq blocks forever in "poll" function  ("Andrea Grassi" <andreagrassi@sogeasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 16/12/2011 10:10 PM, Andrea Grassi wrote:
> The client program and the postgres server are on the same host, client connects to 127.0.0.1.
> In the meantime, my original program blocks (not my example but very probably the reasons are the same).
>
> I typed "ps -C testprogramname -o wchan:80=" and the output was only a single dash ( "-" ).
That means it's not waiting in a kernel call right now. Was the program
in the hung state you've observed at the time you ran the command? Its
output would only be interesting when it's hung.
> I searched for the complete stack in /proc/$pid/stack (where $pid) was the pid of my process but this file doesn't
exists!! Why ?
Old kernel, maybe? You're running on some kind of enterprise-y distro,
so who knows how ancient half the stuff in there is.

--
Craig Ringer

От: kojiro@hello-channel.com
Сообщение: BUG #6343: PGTYPES library missing qualifiers
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: fatal flex error in guc-file.l kills the postmaster