Re: backup non-built-in tablespace

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: backup non-built-in tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Karuna Karpe <karuna.karpe@os3infotech.com> wrote:

> I want get cold backup of database cluster, but in database
> cluster there are four non-built-in tablespaces. So, when get the
> cold backup of database cluster and restore on another machine and
> I check tablespaces for that there is no any non-built-in
> tablespace is available.
>
> So,Please can any one let me know that, how to get non-built-in
> tablespace backup?

From this page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/continuous-archiving.html

There is this:

| Be certain that your backup dump includes all of the files under
| the database cluster directory (e.g., /usr/local/pgsql/data). If
| you are using tablespaces that do not reside underneath this
| directory, be careful to include them as well (and be sure that
| your backup dump archives symbolic links as links, otherwise the
| restore will corrupt your tablespaces).

You might want to search that page for the other mentions of
"tablespace" to find the descriptions of when to make a backup, how
to restore, and caveats.

-Kevin

От: Florian Weimer
Сообщение: Re: Number of established connections since postmaster start