Re: Highload website database architecture

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Highload website database architecture
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 2, 2006, at 10:09 , a wrote:

> The database folder has a file called postgresql.cons

I assume you mean postgresql.conf?

> where we can
> specify no of active connections to the database -N which is currently
> 1024 and also specify the shared buffers. Is there any thumbrule in
> deciding the -N and also the no of shared buffers for my config of 4
> frontend servers and 1 database backend server. There is no global or
> memcached mechanisms in use.

I believe you'll want to look at how to tune your PostgreSQL server.
Here are some pointers:

http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/116.php
http://www.revsys.com/writings/postgresql-performance.html

You may also be interested in joining the PostgreSQL Performance
list, which often deals with issues like this.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/

Hope this helps.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net