Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2 Oct 2021, at 08:18, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> So the issue is not as serious as it seemed.

This is also not related to this patch in any way, or am I missing a point
here? This can just as well be achieved without this patch.

> The complaint remaining is only that this could somehow be documented better.

The pg_dump documentation today have a large highlighted note about this:

    "When --include-foreign-data is specified, pg_dump does not check that the
    foreign table is writable.  Therefore, there is no guarantee that the
    results of a foreign table dump can be successfully restored."

This was extensively discussed [0] when this went in, is there additional
documentation you'd like to see for this?

[0] https://postgr.es/m/LEJPR01MB0185483C0079D2F651B16231E7FC0@LEJPR01MB0185.DEUPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.DE