Re: retrieving function raise messages in ecpg embedded sql code

От Haszlakiewicz, Eric
Тема Re: retrieving function raise messages in ecpg embedded sql code
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Yes, I've started modifying things to use that, but I'd like to avoid doing
that so I can share the same code between postgresql and informix builds.

> > I can't figure out how to retrieve the message raised by the trigger.
> > I know it's available in some cases, because I see the message when I
> > insert a row through psql, but even things like this:
> >    printf("%s\n", PQerrorMessage(ECPGget_PGconn(mydb)));
> >
> > return nothing useful.  Is there a way to get this information?
>
> Yes, these messages are delivered via notice processing (not to be
> confused with LISTEN/NOTIFY):
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/libpq-notice-processing.html

That looks like exactly what I'm looking for, I'll try it out.  Thanks!

eric

Сообщение: Re: UFS2 Snapshots and Postgres
Сообщение: Re: UFS2 Snapshots and Postgres