Re: very slow when writing query to file

От boris pezzatti
Тема Re: very slow when writing query to file
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Actually I do not have access to the server file system.
What I can not understand is that:
1)  if I can execute the query and see the data in the table viewer the data are also sent over the network
2) how does the execute to file command differ with respect to the point 1) ?  Is each line retrieved separately and written to the file location? Or is written first to a temporary location and then copied?

Maybe I'll have to start  looking into the source code ....
Thanks anyway,

Boris