Re: very slow when writing query to file

От boris pezzatti
Тема Re: very slow when writing query to file
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
No, actually it is on my machine ...

On 10/29/2011 11:01 PM, Francisco Leovey wrote:
Is the file where you write the query output located on the same server as the DB?

From: boris pezzatti <boris.pezzatti@wsl.ch>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] very slow when writing query to file

Does anyone have any proposition how I could further test where the problem is. This is really a strange behaviour, that I noticed with different versions of pgAdmin.
Could a firewall produce a difference when querying data visually or for a write to file? (should not ...)

Thank you,
Boris

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 14:57 +0200, boris pezzatti wrote:
>> I have a postgresql database 8.3 on a server. When querying the data
>> with the pgAdmin sql editor, I can get an answer in about 10 s, for
>> 100'000 rows. When I'm pressing the button to execute the query to a
>> file it takes more than 1 hour to get the query results saved (writes
>> about 10 MB in 45 minutes).
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?
>> Are there some parameters to set?
>>
> Never heard of such a behaviour before. I'm not sure what happens on
> your computer.

To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support

--