Re: [BUGS] *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: [BUGS] *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12.10.2011 18:20, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>  writes:
>> On 12.10.2011 17:33, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> How about adding something like
>>> -- \\psql_hates_this
>>> -- rest of comment
>>>
>>> and then at least have new versions of psql find that and stop
>>> processing the file with a more useful error at that point? Or maybe
>>> that's overengineering..
>
>> Overengineering IMHO. Besides, if a psql poison comment like that
>> exists, then we'd have to be careful not to emit one elsewhere. Think
>> pg_dump, if someone puts that comment in a function body...
>
> Well, it can't be a comment, but what about a real psql command?
> See my suggestion of using \echo.

Frankly I think a comment is sufficient. We can make it more complicated
later if people are still confused.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] *.sql contrib files contain unresolvable MODULE_PATHNAME