Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?

От Joe Abbate
Тема Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Greg,

On 09/19/2011 04:44 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
> Not spending as much time sitting in meetings and fighting with other
> vendors is one of the competitive advantages PostgreSQL development has
> vs. the "big guys".  There needs to be a pretty serious problem with
> your process before adding bureaucracy to it is anything but a backwards
> move.  And standardization tends to attract lots of paperwork.  Last
> thing you want to be competing with a big company on is doing that sort
> of big company work.

You have a point there.  However, open source standardization doesn't
have to be patterned after closed source efforts.  OTOH it's hard to
predict what form it should take.  Perhaps it's simply a matter of
cross-pollination, i.e., the kind of interaction with MySQL groups that
occurred over the last year (I realize it wasn't just or even primarily
SQL-related).

Joe

Сообщение: Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?
Сообщение: Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?