Re: plsql gets "out of memory"

От Rural Hunter
Тема Re: plsql gets "out of memory"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Kevin,

I did another try with following additional changes based on our discussion:
1. use the tcp connection
2. turn off autovacuum
3. turn off full_page_writes

I could import more than 30G data in about 2 hours. That's totally
acceptable performance to me with the current server capability.  There
is a minor issue though. I saw a few errors during the import:
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe6272c
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe5272c
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe5272c
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe5272c
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe68e27
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe7272c
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe5272c
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe5a427

My data was exported from an UTF8 MySQL database and my pgsql db is also
UTF8. I got 8 errors above only with about 3 million records imported.
The strange thing is, I usually see the problematic SQL output in the
log if there is any error for that SQL so I have a chance to fix the
data manually. But for the errors above, I don't see any SQL logged. The
pgsql log just output error log same as above with no additional info:
2011-09-01 11:26:32 CST ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe6272c
2011-09-01 11:26:47 CST ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe5272c
2011-09-01 11:26:53 CST ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe5272c
2011-09-01 11:26:58 CST ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe5272c
2011-09-01 11:26:58 CST ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe68e27
2011-09-01 11:27:01 CST ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe7272c
2011-09-01 11:27:06 CST ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe5272c
2011-09-01 11:27:15 CST ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
"UTF8": 0xe5a427

What could be the cause of that?

于 2011/8/30 9:29, Rural Hunter 写道: