Re: Get data back after drop Command

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Get data back after drop Command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Adarsh Sharma  wrote:

> Today by mistake I issued a drop table statement in Postgresql
> database.  Now is it possible to get that data back through WAL.

> archive_mode = on
> archive_command = ''

If you were doing Point In Time Recovery (PITR) backups, you could
restore your last base backups and recover using WAL files up to just
before the table was dropped:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-PITR-RECOVERY

The empty archive_command suggests that you're not doing proper PITR
style backups, so it appears the answer to your question is "No."

There is a chance that an expert might still be able to recover some
of the data.  That's likely to be time-consuming and expensive, but
if the table is not backed up and has sufficient value to you, it
might be worth it.

-Kevin