Re: PostgreSQL fails to bind IPv6 socket at startup on AIX platform

От Steve Singer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL fails to bind IPv6 socket at startup on AIX platform
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 11-08-11 02:24 PM, CS DBA wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> we're trying to get PostgreSQL configured on an AIX box (AIX version 5).
>
> After some digging & adding various paths to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (Thanks
> to help from Tom Lane) we were able to complete the source based build.
> However, when we try and start the db we get the following:
>

> $ pg_ctl start
> server starting
> $ LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: The socket name is already in use.
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 3116? If not,
> wait a few seconds and retry.

Have you tried a different port?  Something else (other than postgresql)
could be using port 3116.

Failing that have you tried setting listen_address to only bind to an
ipv4 address to see if it makes a difference? (I don't think I've ever
tried ipv6 with postgresql on our AIX machines)