Re: FW: Character set equivalent for AL32UTF8

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: FW: Character set equivalent for AL32UTF8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 10/08/2011 4:07 PM, Mridul Mathew wrote:

> Does PostgreSQL make a distinction within Unicode in a similar fashion?

No.

> We have not tested our Oracle al32utf8 databases on PostgreSQL, but
> while creating databases in PostgreSQL, we see UTF8 as an option, but
> not al32.

al32utf8 is Oracle specific and doesn't seem to be defined anywhere else.

What _application_ _level_ impact does this have for you? What changes
do your apps expect to see in their use of or communication with the
database?

I strongly suggest that you _test_ this in Pg and see.

--
Craig Ringer