Re: Enforcing that all WAL has been replayed after restoring from backup

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Enforcing that all WAL has been replayed after restoring from backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10.08.2011 12:29, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 18:07, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>  writes:
>>
>>> That's how I actually did it in the patch. However, the problem wrt.
>>> requiring initdb is not the new field in backup_label, it's the new
>>> field in the control file.
>>
>> Yeah.  I think it's too late to be fooling with pg_control for 9.1.
>> Just fix it in HEAD.
>
> Should we add a note to the documentation of pg_basebackup in 9.1
> telling people to take care about the failure case?

Something like "Note: if you abort the backup before it's finished, the
backup won't be valid" ? That seems pretty obvious to me, hardly worth
documenting.

> Or add a signal
> handler in the pg_basebackup client emitting a warning about it?

We don't have such a signal handler pg_dump either. I don't think we
should add it.