Re: Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas  wrote:
> On 06.08.2011 13:13, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> I think we should remove the COPY optimisation because of this and
>> definitely not extend INSERT SELECT to perform it automatically.
>
> It can be very helpful when loading a lot of data, so I'm not in
> favor of removing it altogether.
Yeah, it can currently help a lot.  Of course, if WAL-logging could
in any way facilitate hint bit and frozen xmin setting during bulk
loads, I'm sure the WAL-logged version would win easily.
-Kevin

От: Jaime Casanova
Сообщение: Re: Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT