Re: Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 06.08.2011 13:13, Simon Riggs wrote:
>>
>> I think we should remove the COPY optimisation because of this and
>> definitely not extend INSERT SELECT to perform it automatically.
>
> It can be very helpful when loading a lot of data, so I'm not in favor of
> removing it altogether. Maybe WAL-log the first 10000 rows or such normally,
> and skip WAL after that. Of course, loading 10001 rows becomes the worst
> case then, but something along those lines...

why 10000 rows? maybe the right solution is move towards make a normal
table unlogged and viceversa... probably that's harder to do but we
will have better control and less odd heuristics

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Сообщение: Re: Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT
Сообщение: Re: Reduce WAL logging of INSERT SELECT