Re: Copyright notices

От Chris Wareham
Тема Re: Copyright notices
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 08/03/2011 04:32 PM, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 11:06:32AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
>> David,
>>
>> If you look at the copyright utility in the postgresql tools
>> directory you will see that it uses two commands that do not exist
>> on a Mac, one is rgrep, this is fixable using grep -r. The second is
>> "pipe" for which I could not find a work around
>
> I'm redoing the program in Perl because Perl's everywhere, and it
> doesn't depend on silliness like this.  Will send the patch to
> -hackers soon, and cc you :)
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Perl isn't everywhere - it's not installed by default on NetBSD or
FreeBSD for example. The best approach is to assume the command line
tools and their features specified by the POSIX standards, which should
work on all modern Unix-ish operating systems. I've not been following
this thread too closely, but if you let me know what you're trying to
accomplish then I should be able to come up with something that will
work across Linux, NetBSD and Mac OS X (the systems I can test with
here).

Regards,

Chris