Re: Database backup to network folder

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Database backup to network folder
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/08/2011 1:35 PM, kalyan kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Postgre SQL 8.3, where I want to backup my entire database.
> For the same I am using pg_dump.exe. I am able to take the backup of my
> database in to my local machine. If I want to take the backup into
> network folder, how to pass "-f" parameter to pg_dump.exe. I am using
> SMB to implement file copy to network folder.

Have you tried using a UNC path, like you would for anything else?
pg_dump shouldn't have to care where the output is being saved.

pg_dump -f \\servername\sharename\foldernames\dumpfile.sql dbname

I haven't tested this, but there's no reason it shouldn't work, as UNC
paths are resolved at the file system level and apps shouldn't notice them.

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers
276 Onslow Rd, Shenton Park