Re: Pending trigger events on ALTER TABLE in 8.3

От Reuven M. Lerner
Тема Re: Pending trigger events on ALTER TABLE in 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, everyone.  Tom wrote:

> Exactly what it says: not-yet-processed trigger events for the table.
> If you don't have any explicit triggers on the table, maybe they are
> FOREIGN KEY implementation triggers. It's hard to say more than that
> when you haven't shown us any of the DDL.

Sorry; I'm enclosing the table definition below.

We're not modifying any columns that have constraints or foreign keys.
Only the "Units" column and afterward are affected by running my
"rotate" function.

Recipes=# \d   "NumericParameter";
                 Table "public.NumericParameter"
     Column    |          Type          |       Modifiers
--------------+------------------------+-----------------------
  Name         | character varying(255) | not null
  RecipeID     | uuid                   | not null
  Alias        | character varying(255) | not null
  Description  | text                   |
  IsOptional   | boolean                | not null
  Direction    | integer                | not null
  HostExposed  | boolean                | not null default true
  Units        | character varying(255) | not null
  DefaultValue | double precision       | not null
  BoundaryType | integer                | not null
  Boundary     | double precision[]     |
     "NumericParameter_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree ("Name", "RecipeID")
     "NumericParameter_idx" btree ("Boundary", "BoundaryType",
"DefaultValue", "Units", "Direction", "IsOptional", "Description", "Alias")
Foreign-key constraints:
     "NumericParameter_Recipe_fk" FOREIGN KEY ("RecipeID") REFERENCES
"Recipe"("ID") ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE DEFERRABLE INITIALLY
DEFERRED
Inherits: "Parameter"

Hmm, could it be that this table inherits from the "Parameter" table
that's causing trouble?  The DDL for that table is:

Recipes=# \d "Parameter"
                    Table "public.Parameter"
    Column    |          Type          |       Modifiers
-------------+------------------------+-----------------------
  Name        | character varying(255) | not null
  RecipeID    | uuid                   | not null
  Alias       | character varying(255) | not null
  Description | text                   |
  IsOptional  | boolean                | not null
  Direction   | integer                | not null
  HostExposed | boolean                | not null default true
     "Parameter_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree ("Name", "RecipeID")
     "Parameter_idx" btree ("Alias", "Description", "IsOptional",
"Direction")
Foreign-key constraints:
     "Parameter_Recipe_fk" FOREIGN KEY ("RecipeID") REFERENCES
"Recipe"("ID") ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE DEFERRABLE INITIALLY
DEFERRED

Thanks again,

Reuven

--
Reuven M. Lerner -- Web development, consulting, and training
Mobile: +972-54-496-8405 * US phone: 847-230-9795