Re: Alarm function in PL/pgSQL

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Alarm function in PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 19/07/2011 6:35 AM, Jon Smark wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply. Just to clarify: you are saying that the
> function that is called with a given periodicity must be so from
> *outside* PG, ie, from the client application, right? I mean, there is
> no way strictly internal to PG to have a function be called every
> given number of seconds? Cheers, Jon
That's right. PostgreSQL has no built in scheduler feature.

PgAgent is designed to cover that need, so you should probably start there.

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers
276 Onslow Rd, Shenton Park
Ph: 08 9381 3088     Fax: 08 9388 2258
ABN: 50 008 917 717
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: How to sum monetary variables
От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: How to sum monetary variables