Re: Alarm function in PL/pgSQL

От Jon Smark
Тема Re: Alarm function in PL/pgSQL
Дата
Re: Alarm function in PL/pgSQL  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Re: Alarm function in PL/pgSQL  (Sim Zacks <sim@compulab.co.il>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> I don't think this is really possible with postgres PLs generally.
> Typically what you have to do is have a function that is called on an
> interval that checks for alarms and runs them.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Just to clarify: you are saying that the
function that is called with a given periodicity must be so from *outside*
PG, ie, from the client application, right?  I mean, there is no way
strictly internal to PG to have a function be called every given number
of seconds?

Cheers,
Jon