Re: Help me start postmaster on a default installation of PostgreSQL.

От Lord Voldemort
Тема Re: Help me start postmaster on a default installation of PostgreSQL.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I've sorted out things myself.

Firstly IMHO this list is the appropriate place for my query as you'd see that what I really want is to use JDBC with PostgreSQL. Running postmaster was supposed to be a way to accomplish that.

But as it turns out, newer versions of PostgreSQL have done away with postmaster completely. After default installation nothing needs to be changed. Services necessary for backend database access are started automatically at boot-up. After installing libpg-java (that's the JDBC driver package for postgreSQL) all that needs to be done is to add /usr/share/java/postgresql.jar to the java library. I use NetBeans so that was easy for me. I don't know how to do that when running applications from command line using "java classname" though.

If you'd still maintain that I'm posting at the wrong place, please forgive me 'coz I was ill-advised and I'm not so bright either ;-)

Cheers!!

Сообщение: Re: Help me start postmaster on a default installation of PostgreSQL.
Сообщение: Re: Help me start postmaster on a default installation of PostgreSQL.