pg_restore - hangs or check on progress

От Birchall, Austen
Тема pg_restore - hangs or check on progress
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
8.4.13 on Red Hat 6

I am doing a backup/restore test of a 'quite large' database

I ran the following backup

pg_dump -Fc testdb -U postgres > /var/lib/pgsql/backups/pg_testdb_backups/testdb_dev_backup$date_of_backup

then I connected to postgres db and did
drop dbtest

I then attempted to do a restore:
pg_restore -d testdb -j testdb_dev_backup201304141900

starting yesterday afternoon but then I came in this morning it is still running and as far as I can tell no data or
Linuxfiles have been written
1.    Is pg_restore hanging and/or have I done something wrong?
2.    Is there a way to check on the progress (% completed) for the pg_restore procedure?
Thanks

Austen Birchall
Senior DBA
Met Office