Re: Read MS-SQL data into Postgres via ODBC link?

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: Read MS-SQL data into Postgres via ODBC link?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've done similar things with a plpythonu function.

Basically, import the mysql module, call your select statement and then
for each row do a plpy.execute(insert stmt)

Sim

On 07/05/2011 12:10 AM, Jonathan Brinkman wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I'd like to INSERT data into my Postgresql 8.4.8 table directly from an
> ODBC-linked MS-SQL table or view.
>
> I'm looking at using the Cybertec tool "ODBC-LINK"
> (http://www.cybertec.at/en/postgresql_products/odbc-link) but I'm wondering
> if there isn't a way to do this through Postgresql directly?
>
> I saw a post about someone doing a "SELECT * FROM XXX ODBC SOURCE" or
> something like that
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2009-07/msg00032.php) and that
> would be cool. I don't need to import massive datasets, only 20-30K records
> at a time.
>
> Thanks much
>
> Jonathan

Сообщение: Re: Finding latest record for a number of groups in an INSERT-only table
Сообщение: Re: Finding latest record for a number of groups in an INSERT-only table