Read MS-SQL data into Postgres via ODBC link?

От Jonathan Brinkman
Тема Read MS-SQL data into Postgres via ODBC link?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings

I'd like to INSERT data into my Postgresql 8.4.8 table directly from an
ODBC-linked MS-SQL table or view.

I'm looking at using the Cybertec tool "ODBC-LINK"
(http://www.cybertec.at/en/postgresql_products/odbc-link) but I'm wondering
if there isn't a way to do this through Postgresql directly?

I saw a post about someone doing a "SELECT * FROM XXX ODBC SOURCE" or
something like that
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2009-07/msg00032.php) and that
would be cool. I don't need to import massive datasets, only 20-30K records
at a time.

Thanks much

Jonathan