Re: pgsql: Branch refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE was removed

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Branch refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE was removed
Дата
Re: pgsql: Branch refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE was removed  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Список pgsql-committers

On 06/25/2011 07:07 PM, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 06/25/2011 04:02 PM, pgsql@postgresql.org wrote:
>> Branch refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE was removed.
> Umm, I was trying to follow the directions here:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committing_with_Git: Making a new
> release branch
>
> and it messed up my local repo such that
>    git push --dry-run
>
> was giving an error. Googling the solution seemed to be:
>    git push origin :refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE
>
> I thought that would only affect my local repo, but apparently it did
> not :-(

Why would you be making a new release branch? I don't understand that bit.

FYI,

     git push origin :somewhere

pushes nothing to the destination, i.e. empties it out. See git-push man
page, examples section.

cheers

andrew