Re: pgsql: Branch refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE was removed

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql: Branch refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE was removed
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 06/25/2011 07:07 PM, Joe Conway wrote:
> > On 06/25/2011 04:02 PM, pgsql@postgresql.org wrote:
> >> Branch refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE was removed.
> > Umm, I was trying to follow the directions here:
> > http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committing_with_Git: Making a new
> > release branch
> >
> > and it messed up my local repo such that
> >    git push --dry-run
> >
> > was giving an error. Googling the solution seemed to be:
> >    git push origin :refs/heads/REL9_1_STABLE
> >
> > I thought that would only affect my local repo, but apparently it did
> > not :-(
> >

> Why would you be making a new release branch? I don't understand that bit.
>
> FYI,
>
>      git push origin :somewhere
>
> pushes nothing to the destination, i.e. empties it out. See git-push man
> page, examples section.

I talked to Joe on the phone.  He was confused by the git commit wiki
section where we talked about creating a release branch:

    http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committing_with_Git#Making_a_new_release_branch_on_origin

He thought it was for creating a local release branch.  I have udpated
the title to be clearer:

    Making a new release branch on origin

He did a git push origin REL9_1_STABLE and all is well --- I can pull
his 9.1 changes just fine.