Re: determine client os

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: determine client os
Дата
Re: determine client os
Список pgsql-general
On 06/14/2011 08:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Sim Zacks<sim@compulab.co.il>  writes:
>> All the suggestions given are for the server OS :-(
>> My purpose is to be able to return a correct file path to the client
>> without it specifying the OS.
> File path?  Seems to me that even if you knew the client OS, that'd
> provide next to no information about the installation pathnames of the
> client software.  Maybe you need to be a bit clearer about what you're
> trying to accomplish.
>
>             regards, tom lane
It is much simpler then that. My data includes file references.
One table has the filename with a path placeholder and another table
contains the windows and linux versions of the full path. This is for an
intranet and we _always_ have the same drive letters (windows) and mount
paths (linux) for every client. When the client requests data that
includes a file reference, I want to send the relevant path.

Sim

От: Vikram A
Сообщение: Re: PGP encrypt/decrypt - Prereqistes
От: Stefan Keller
Сообщение: No implicit index created when adding primary key with ALTER TABLE