Re: Improve warnings around CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Improve warnings around CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 05/25/2011 01:57 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Please see this thread:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1290465663-sup-9908@alvh.no-ip.org

Ah, now I see--I was running a CommitFest that week, so of course I
missed this message.  Those are all good ideas.

>> The first thing I was considering was dropping some DEBUG2 level logging
>> about the various phases of the reindex into there.
>>
> That would take this system more or less to where autovacuum was in 8.1
> (well, not quite that bad because you can change it locally, but still).
> It seems to me we can do something a bit better than that.

Sure.  Simon's command string idea might work better, and doing some
extra lock decoration as you suggested in the above thread would be
another level of improvement.  We should pick up redesign later on the
main list.  You can at least count me in as someone who wants to see
this improved now.

Back to the doc patch I submitted...is that a useful step toward making
this issue visible enough to users for now to help?

Сообщение: Re: Improve warnings around CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Сообщение: Re: Improve warnings around CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY