Re: db restore takes to long

От adrien ducos
Тема Re: db restore takes to long
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
If the indexes are the issue, you can also try to increase the
maintenance_work_mem during the restore and put it back again as normal
afterwards.

That is what the postgres documentation says about it:

maintenance_work_mem (integer)

    Specifies the maximum amount of memory to be used in maintenance
    operations, such as VACUUM, CREATE INDEX, and ALTER TABLE ADD
    FOREIGN KEY. It defaults to 16 megabytes (16MB). Since only one of
    these operations can be executed at a time by a database session,
    and an installation normally doesn't have many of them running
    concurrently, it's safe to set this value significantly larger than
    work_mem. Larger settings might improve performance for vacuuming
    and for restoring database dumps.

    Note that when autovacuum runs, up to autovacuum_max_workers
    <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-autovacuum.html#GUC-AUTOVACUUM-MAX-WORKERS>
    times this memory may be allocated, so be careful not to set the
    default value too high.