Re: db restore takes to long

От adrien ducos
Тема Re: db restore takes to long
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It seams there is no option like that in pg_dump or pg_restore. But You
can manualy do it in the dump or with a sed command finding the lines
begining by CREATE INDEX and removing them.

We also have a big database and since postgres 8.4 pg_restore is much
faster with the option --jobs=x

where x is the number of cores you have in your microprocessor. It then
divides the restore script into different jobs and goes faster using
multithreading.
example:
pg_restore --username postgres --jobs=4 --dbname=your_db_name your_dump_file

Here is if you have a quad core.

Adrien

--

Logo_HBS_mail.jpg