Re: Starting psql without a database?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Starting psql without a database?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Fred Parkinson" <FredP@abag.ca.gov> wrote:

> I tried using the database 'postgres' which seems to be created
> during the install:
> psql postgres, which takes me to a psql prompt.  However, the
> command createdb -T DEFAULT "timecard" now results in the error
> "syntax error at or neat "createdb" with a carat pointing to the
> 'c' in 'createdb'.

I think you're confusing the OS command-line executable createdb:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/app-createdb.html

and the SQL command CREATE DATABASE:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-createdatabase.html

-Kevin

От: "Fred Parkinson"
Сообщение: Starting psql without a database?
От: Mark Stosberg
Сообщение: Re: best practice for moving millions of rows to child table when setting up partitioning?