Re: Unnessecary use of new Integer(n) in AbstractJdbc2ResultSet

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Unnessecary use of new Integer(n) in AbstractJdbc2ResultSet
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 4/24/2011 9:23 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Kris Jurka  wrote:
>
>> Integer.valueOf appeared in JDK 1.5 and we currently still support
>> JDK 1.4. There's been talk of ditching 1.4 support, but that hasn't
>> officially happened yet and isn't something we'd do for older
>> driver releases.
>
> Would it be practical to do it in the JDBC4 build?

In this case, yes, but not in general.  findColumn is pretty localized,
so duplicating it's code in an inherited class wouldn't be too bad.

> On a related note, are we using the -target switch to build for the
> lowest supported release (1.4 for JDBC3 and 1.6 for JDBC4)?  If not,
> would that be practical?

No, the -target switch is really pretty useless for our purposes.  We
must build with the actual JDK we want to use.  -target only affects the
generated class files, but we need the correct API version to build
against.  Since we're implementing things like the Connection interface,
the -target switch doesn't magically change the interface definition to
the version in the original JDK.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: Unnessecary use of new Integer(n) in AbstractJdbc2ResultSet
Сообщение: Re: Unnessecary use of new Integer(n) in AbstractJdbc2ResultSet