Re: BUG #5989: Assertion failure on UPDATE of big value

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #5989: Assertion failure on UPDATE of big value
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:
>> If I'm reading this correctly, it would appear that nobody has
>> updated anything to a TOASTed value in a build against HEAD in
>> testing *anything* in the last two and a half months.  And the
>> regression tests don't include a single UPDATE to a TOASTed value
>> anywhere.  That seems like a significant code coverage
>> deficiency.
>
>> Attached is a patch to cure the latter of these.  I'm submitting
>> this separately since it seems a good idea regardless of what
>> happens with the related SSI issue.
>
> Hmm, is there much regression coverage for TOAST inserts or
> deletes either?

There didn't appear to be.  The attached provides minimal testing of
user-facing behavior of TOAST insert, update, and delete.  It's
pretty basic, but a lot better than having no tests for this at all.

I can't help feeling that there should be a toast.sql test file
which reaches deeper, but I'm not exactly sure how far that would
go.

-Kevin

Вложения