Re: Build farm coverage for isolation tests

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Build farm coverage for isolation tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 04/19/2011 11:16 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> I'm not sure what the right thing is to do here.
>
> Heikki added a new testing methodology under src/test/isolation
> which allows intermingling a series of statements on multiple
> connections in desired permutations.  (By default each test defined
> for it runs all permutations of how the statement sequences can be
> interleaved, but you can specify one or more particular permutations
> if needed.)  I filled it out with the SSI tests which had been run
> under dtester during initial development.  To run it you change to
> the src/test/isolation directory and run `make check` or `make
> installcheck`.
>
> It takes too long to run this to think about including it in the
> main `make check`, but I'd feel better about things if this set of
> tests was normally run on the buildfarm.  On my so-so development
> machine, the installcheck takes about 20 seconds.  Setting up and
> tearing down a temp installation for the `make check` adds another
> 10 seconds.  That seems unlikely to be a deal-breaker for the
> buildfarm, even if we were to add a little to the test set.
>
> Would it make sense to add this to `make check-world` and `make
> installcheck-world`?  Would something else be a good idea to get
> buildfarm coverage?

The buildfarm doesn't run either of these.

I think the best thing might be to add a new step which runs the
isolation check or installcheck. It would only need a small amount of
perl code adde3d to the client to accomplish, and nothing on the server
side.

cheers

andrew