Build farm coverage for isolation tests

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Build farm coverage for isolation tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm not sure what the right thing is to do here.
Heikki added a new testing methodology under src/test/isolation
which allows intermingling a series of statements on multiple
connections in desired permutations.  (By default each test defined
for it runs all permutations of how the statement sequences can be
interleaved, but you can specify one or more particular permutations
if needed.)  I filled it out with the SSI tests which had been run
under dtester during initial development.  To run it you change to
the src/test/isolation directory and run `make check` or `make
installcheck`.
It takes too long to run this to think about including it in the
main `make check`, but I'd feel better about things if this set of
tests was normally run on the buildfarm.  On my so-so development
machine, the installcheck takes about 20 seconds.  Setting up and
tearing down a temp installation for the `make check` adds another
10 seconds.  That seems unlikely to be a deal-breaker for the
buildfarm, even if we were to add a little to the test set.
Would it make sense to add this to `make check-world` and `make
installcheck-world`?  Would something else be a good idea to get
buildfarm coverage?
-Kevin