Re: ORDER BY 1 COLLATE

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: ORDER BY 1 COLLATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> It's likely to be used by SQL generators if nothing else, and I've
> been known to use it as a very convenient shorthand. It would seem
> to me like quite a strange inconsistency to allow order by n with
> some qualifiers but not others.
That's pretty much how I feel.  Like SELECT * or an INSERT without a
target column list, I wouldn't want to see it used in production,
but it saves time when hacking around in a development database or
running ad hoc queries.  If we didn't support it, the inconsistency
would be odd, and we would need to document it as a deviation from
the standard.
-Kevin

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: pgbench \for or similar loop
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Still need mentor for advanced indexing project -- GSOC