Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/15/2011 09:59 AM, Joshua Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> While it would be nice to improve our performance on this workload, let me point out that it's not a very important
workloadfrom the point of view of real performance challenges.  Yes, there are folks out there with 100MB databases who
onlyrun one-liner select queries.  But frankly, Valemort/Redis/Mongo are going to whip both our and MySQL's butts on
thatkind of workload anyway.

Yes but if we can kick MySQL's butt, that would certainly be a good
thing. There are people (lots of people) that do not like the whole
Valemort/Redis/Mongo paradigm.

> Certainly any sacrifice of functionality in order to be faster at that kind of trivial workload would be foolhardy.

Agreed.

JD

От: jagan
Сообщение: Re: WAL, xl_heap_insert and tuple oid mystry
От: Radosław Smogura
Сообщение: Re: MMAP Buffers