Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs

От Joshua Berkus
Тема Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs
Дата
Re: Single client performance on trivial SELECTs  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

While it would be nice to improve our performance on this workload, let me point out that it's not a very important
workloadfrom the point of view of real performance challenges.  Yes, there are folks out there with 100MB databases who
onlyrun one-liner select queries.  But frankly, Valemort/Redis/Mongo are going to whip both our and MySQL's butts on
thatkind of workload anyway.

Certainly any sacrifice of functionality in order to be faster at that kind of trivial workload would be foolhardy.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.